Wednesday, July 20, 2011

For The Love of The Lake Pt. 2

Part Two

There is paint!!!  I love the color my mom picked out for the exterior of the lake house I helped:)  It is so breezy feeling. Is that an adjective, Idk?
(I promise the house is level and I appologize for the wonky photos!)

I love the natural wood tone of the porch posts agains the breezy green paint and crisp white windows.


Here are the millions of windows that make up the living room walls. Very cool during the day. Kind of creepy at night. I'm a little bit of a scaredy cat when it comes to being able to see into the forest at night! 



The room above the garage is the game room which is such a neat space to have! I'm so glad our builder suggested it! It has already been used a ton since we started going up there to do little DIY projects like painting trim and installing door handles.


(again with the lopsided photos sorry!)

There are five ceiling fans on the front porch, which at first seemed excessive, but when it doesn't get below 100 degrees until 10 o'clock at night, they ended up being totally neccesary! Can you spot the retro outdoor furniture in the corner? My mom is totally obsessed and I'm positive there will be more popping up as soon as the house is finished :) My dad repainted these in a cool turquoiseish color, which really pops against the crisp green exterior of the house. I can't wait for it to finally be finished!

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! Love that colour for a lake house! :)

    Thanks for dropping by my lil' ol' blog! We bought the elephant ottoman for our nursery from a company called Reiner's Original (http://www.reiners.ca/). They are Canadian, and they do ship. They make all kinds of different animals too. We had a hard time deciding when we found them, but we're so glad we went with the elephant!

    So happy to find your little blog Haley! :)

    ReplyDelete