Monday, September 10, 2012

Let There Be Cake


One of my favorite things to do when my family goes to the lake is to head into a town about 20 minutes away from our house and go antiquing. My mom, sister, and I always find little treasures and we always have a blast! Our favorite go-to spot is this huge-ish warehouse of different booths that house tons of this and thats. 

My absolute favorite thing to look for is milk glass. I am a hoarder collector. I might have a problem! My collection comes from a collection of collections. Say that five times fast :)

My Granny and Nanny both gave me pieces that I now have and my mom has contributed to my collection as well. It is like Christmas morning when I find a new piece. Especially this puppy right here... 


I have seen a lot of milk glass in my day, but I have never seen this piece before. I practically tackled my mom trying to get it off the shelf. Sorry Mom :)

While we were there we also picked up a couple of other items. 

This is an antique cake platter that I just had to have even though I never make cake? It was too adorable to pass up! Someday when I have a beautiful white kitchen I'll use it frequently even if I just put the bread under it :) 



Another little find, is this glass holder. It says AVON on the bottom, so I am guessing it was something you could buy out of their catalogue at one time or another. I use it to hold cotton swabs in and they fit perfectly! I always love to take ordinary everyday household items and pretty them up a little. Its the little things right?



These are some drawers that my Mom and I kept spotting throughout the building. It was like a drawer scavenger hunt. I know it is a little weird that my Mom and I bought drawers that weren't a part of a dresser, but they are literally so beautiful that we didn't even care. I kept mine au natural and my mom white washed hers. 



Lastly, this is a little shelf (?) that my Mom bought. I'm not quite sure what it is used for, but the color was really cute and its very swirly! Whatever makes ya happy right?! 


Have y'all found any treasures lately? Who says you can't have your cake and eat it too? 

Happy Monday Y'all!



No comments:

Post a Comment