Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Frame That Thermo...STAT!

Today, I just wanted to share with you a little quickie project that I did a couple of weekends ago. It literally took me less than five minutes and it makes me very happy on a daily basis! 

Intrigued yet? 

I saw this idea on none other than Pinterest... I bet y'all haven't heard that one before.

 Right? 





As I am always on a budget, college girl here I try to use things that I already have on hand. So when I spotted this idea on Pinterest, I knew I had something that I could work with. I have always loved very intricate baroque like frames and collect them every chance I get. My favorite places to find them are flea markets, garage sales, estate sales, and Hobby Lobby even carries a very affordable selection with all there 50% off sales and 40% off coupons every week. Anyways, I went through my stash and I found this round baroque-ish frame that had the perfect size of circle. Who says you can't fit a square peg into a round hole? (Was that a TWSS?) 





Once I added the frame, I started staring at my beautifully elegantly simple thermostat and decided that now with the thermostat being all fancy, the rest of the wall looked bare. Really bare. So I'm thinking of adding two other baroque frames to take it to the next level. I'm hung up over the colors though... I just love how the cream looks (major bonus that the frame was already that color), but I'm not sure I want them all to be cream. I'll keep y'all posted and feel free to throw any ideas my way! 





And yes half of my light switch is painted grey. Someone got a little over zealous with the paint roller... I won't name names. Okay, I'm not going to lie. It was me. Whew! I feel much better. 

Have y'all tackled any five minute projects that make your everyday lives just a pinch happier? Anyone else go a little crazy when they get a paint roller in their hand? Let's talk.






No comments:

Post a Comment