Sunday, August 28, 2011

Food for Thought

I usually try to think ahead when it comes to dinner plans for the week, otherwise we end up eating a lot of fast food which gets pretty old considering I eat at Chick Fil A about 12 million times a week. Anyways one of my favorite places to look for food inspiration and recipes is Val So Cal. Val is awesome and is constantly coming up with great recipes that are full of fresh produce and super tasty! Here's what I'm thinking dreaming about making next week...


I'm a sucker for anything with avocados or tomatoes, especially if it involves tortilla chips! Love me some guacamole and salsa. Not mixed together sillies :)



I've actually tried this before and it was heavenly! The only thing I didn't put on it were the artichoke hearts because I spent about 30 minutes in the canned food isle looking at corn, green beans, pinto beans, spaghetti sauce, every can on the isle and completely missed the artichoke hearts. Sneak sneaky. I finally found the artichoke hearts and plan on adding them this week! 

And for my favorite part... Dessert! I'm big on dessert, but I also enjoy them so much more when they have an inkling of healthiness (thats probably not a word, but ya know what I mean) to them. 



I'm completely addicted to these! They are so yummy! I love that they are made with oats and brown sugar and apples of course. My dad loves apple pie, but I think these are a healthier option so I made him a batch and he loved them too. They are great with coffee and if you want to add some extra sweetness, they go great with vanilla ice cream too :) Anyone have a favorite recipe that they make every week or just on special occasions? 

1 comment:

  1. Aww, you are amazing!!! It looks amazing and I'm officially starving now! Thank you so much....I'm honored!! =)))

    ReplyDelete